From CoH Comic Index
Mr. Cyril is the owner of the global corporation, Cyril Corporation also known as CyCorp.
"My business is villainy, and I tend to dominate the market." Mr. Cyril
CollegeBiosphere. But for now, he was just a student in school. Mr. Cyril asked a simple request of Biosphere, help him create his robot. Being a nice guy, he of course offered help to satisfy Mr. Cyril's need
The Formation of CyCorp
Success after success, including the acquisition of Hassan Industries and other big companies, lead to the creation of his own company, CyCorp. Now under his name he owned a vast number of warehouses and labs, buildings and workers, and especially saw to the manufacture of his many creations, the robots, and also technology. High-tech items like gloves that controlled electrical energy, targeting goggles, stealth suits. He became a person who invented the items that companies, and even the military wanted. Money kept rolling in, and he was spending it freely, buying expensive hotels, taking a casual trip to a high grade golf course, and buying it. Showering the woman he traveled with in gifts of pearls and diamonds, and one soon became his wife. All was well it seemed. He was a married man, overflowing with money, and making more. Yet the void, the same thing that had been with him his whole life had not left. The void had only be masked, everything was just a filler, something to satisfy it for sometime, but never quite fulfilling it. The light was peaking over the horizon for him however, as a mysterious creature soon would land into his hands: Obedience.
InspirationCyCorp and the creature known as Obedience are sketchy, it is clear that the hero Biosphere was involved, and that this creature was held by the company for some time. Enough for Mr. Cyril to investigate it personally, and find inspiration in it. If nothing like money or a wife could satisfy the empty feeling inside of him, perhaps the abilities of the creature he analyzed could help. He subjected himself to experimental surgery. Took doses of drugs supplied by his company's chemistry and biology employees. After countless times, he finally reached his goal. He stood up from his chair one day and reached out to pick up his cup of coffee. Only instead of actually touching it, he used his mind to levitate it in the air. Finally he had what he desired, the power to use his mind to its full potential. He just had to think of something, and it was possible. Inducing nightmares, scrambling brains, nothing was impossible to him through the mind. However, the scandle of Obedience would lay heavy on him, and he would be put on trial, sent to jail, and be divorced.
The aim of CyCorp is of course, to be the leading distributer of weapons, cybernetics, devices, etc. It also wishes to be at the head of biological breakthroughs. CyCorp faces trouble of realizing this dream, in its way stands Crey, and also those who find CyCorp shady, and something to be taken down. Groups like Longbow, who seem to find fault in almost everything, and push to eliminate those deemed threats to the peace. CyCorp's solution to these problems is to retain good press with the general public, and also to begin to buy out its competitor, namely Crey.
CyCorp manufactures many items, ranging from tools used by the military, to its own equipment. Light-weight battle armor, drones, shock gloves, bulky but effective armor suitable for SWAT units, and for use against super powered threats. CyCorp's own robots, the CyTrons, are much more efficient than their previous models, outfitted with many ways to deal with any intruder that comes their way. It has even been shown that these robots, known as Cycotrons, may possess psionic abilities as well.
Related Companies & Subsidiaries
CyCorp has done a lot of business is areas most do not realize.
- CyAds - CyAds is a very prominent advertisement company working with many entities around the world, from businesses and corporations to politicians and special interest groups
- Sai Labs - Sai Labs has gotten much heat over the years. Several times their experiments have had adverse reactions, whether being noticed in the public eyes or creating rampaging monsters or heroic do-gooders such as the honorable Biosphere. Said Labs has been shut down many times, only later to be set back up in a new facility and new projects. Rumor has it that there exploits inadvertently resulted in the formation of the Justice-Knights.
- CySoft - CyCorp's computer software subsidiary has been one of the few (legitimate) success stories for CyCorp, filling the gap that was created after the 2002 invasion destroyed the majority of computer and software companies.
- Rilisk - Food manufacturing and distribution. On the surface, CyCorp owns property all around the world which they use for produce, however the truth is much more devious. Utilizing what little information remained of protect S.P.H.E.R.E. that was headed by Dr. Nellis, CyCorp was able to create a cheap and easy way to manufacture produce within a lab and factory. These technology is one of CyCorp's most guarded secrets as it could potentially solve world hunger. Fail-safes are in place to delete all information as the corporation would be rather no one have it if they can't. This also leaves those farm properties around the world open to experimental research centers and laboratories. Most of the world is unaware of the link between Rilisk and CyCorp.
CyCorp has been around for many years now and as such, they are known for many slogans. The following are just a few that CyCorp Advertisements Inc or CyAds as produced for CyCorp.
- "Others immitate, We Innovate."
- "Others immitate while we lead the way."
- "Leading the way."
- "Solving tomorrows problems, today."
- "Corporate Evolution, at its finest."
There is a running joke from many heroes that claim CyCorp is behind many criminal acts. These jokes have recently started to be shared with supers across the Arachnos Nation. It is a slogan spun from one of CyCorp's early ads; "Villainy is our business, and we'll dominate the market."
It was a rash attempt, using the information his company gathered from the creature Obedience, Cyril injected himself with an experimental serum. The result gave him mental abilities. These abilities worked differently than the Obedience's. Cyril gained limited mental control and persuasion, but developed telekinetic abilities that were unseen in Obedience.
Mr. Cyril can invade, destroy, and manipulate the minds of those around him. Over time he has developed very cunning and sly ways to use his abilities of mind control. Some of them only affect a single person, but some of them can affect an entire group of people. Controlling minds is the primary focus of Mr. Cyril's powers.